Our client is the global leader in aircraft leasing and aviation finance. With $42.1 billion of assets, they’re funded by a robust long-term capital structure that produces strong earnings and cash flow generation.
They’re the largest owner of commercial aircraft in the world and the most active aircraft trader. Their well-diversified portfolio of aircraft provides a global network of airline customers with comprehensive fleet solutions.
The Leasing Department is responsible for global commercial leasing activity for the Company. The Leasing Department originates and manages commercial aircraft lease transactions between our client and approximately 200 airlines across the globe, with an owned or managed fleet of more than 1,000 aircraft. The position is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of relationships with airline customers, the sourcing of business with such customers, and the commercial terms on which the business is conducted. The role’s commercial responsibility continues throughout the life of each deal, from inception of commercial negotiations to return of the aircraft. The intent is for the Director to become a leader that guides other client-facing departments in the performance of their roles. To succeed, the incumbent needs industry understanding, superior communication skills, and the ability to lead a transaction team of lawyers and pricing, credit, and technical managers.
50 - 60% Relationship and aircraft management
• Establish and foster airline customer relationships
• Manage the team responsible for the delivery and return of aircraft, with guidance and direction from other Leasing executives
• Manage the administration of the lease until return of the aircraft, including collections, reimbursements from reserves, restructurings, repossessions, and other work outs, maintaining communication with the customer.
40 - 50% Transaction execution
• Prepare letters of intent and manage pricing and credit evaluation
• Manage the “sell” of the deal
• Coordinate the development of the deal with other Leasing executives to obtain the best overall deal.
• Negotiate and execute leases
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or JD preferred
• 5-7 years of airline fleet management, aircraft manufacturer marketing, aircraft leasing or aircraft sales experience required
• Negotiation and mediation skills
• Understanding of the technical elements of aircraft that affect aircraft leasing
• Understanding of issues involved in complex, cross-border leasing transactions
• Knowledge of basic financial concepts and principles
• Knowledge of the commercial aviation sector
• Knowledge of key competitors
• Develop strong working relationships with clients and vendors
• Able to negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups
• Able to be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic
• Detail-oriented, organized and able to handle multiple, competing priorities and deadlines simultaneously
• Proven problem-solving skills
• Flexible, self-starting and tenacious with an aptitude for dealing with ambiguity
• Position requires extensive travel, often with little advance notice
This vacancy is being advertised by TARCG INC. The services advertised by TARCG INC are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Airbus, Boeing, director, 145, senior manager, aviation, airline, airport, captain, pilots, co-pilot, first officer, quality, aircraft, aero-plane, charter, operations, executive, Aviation Finance, Lessors, charter, air, Corporate Aircraft, New Aircraft Management,