Are you an experienced Major Maintenance Technician or Engineer looking to take on a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Major Maintenance Team Leader working 45 hours a week. The location of this role can be flexible within the UK.
Major Maintenance Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of three in the overhaul and repair of the prime movers used within the Power Gen portfolio.
- Attend site for scheduled plant stoppages to undertake the repair / overhaul and seek to bring plant on line with minimal down time associated with the job brief in hand.
- Coordinate and lead the requirements for the repair/overhaul with the Horbury Parts Centre.
- Instruct, coach and assess other Operations Staff in all engine repair and maintenance technologies aligning to the OEM schedules and following industry best practice.
- Assist Operations Staff to identify, specify and schedule optimum cyclical maintenance from the works conducted if the milestone service can be extended or has to be scheduled earlier as a result of site conditions.
- Liaison with internal personnel, Horbury Re-Furb Centre HRC and external contractors to ensure downtime of LFE utilisation equipment is kept to a minimum.
- Continuous development and improvement of engineering material supplies and procedures.
The ideal Major Maintenance Team Leader:
- Proven hands on experience of the operation and maintenance of equipment
- Knowledge of planned preventative maintenance of large reciprocating powergen assets
- Practical experience of engine, plant process maintenance and diagnostics
- City & Guilds (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and electronic experience in low voltage systems
- General engineering and operations experience in a heavy engineering environment
Rewards and Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Major Maintenance Team Leader, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of other flexible benefits
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Major Maintenance Team Leader!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.