Quality Engineer (Permanent)
Job Reference: J0013308
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Camberley, Surrey
Salary: £30,000- £40,000 per annum
About the Company:
Aeropeople are currently recruiting a Quality Engineer on behalf of our client, a market leader in the design, manufacture and certification of aerospace equipment and systems, to join their successful team in Camberley, Surrey.
Established more than 120 years ago, the company trades in 16 countries worldwide and employs around 35,000 people, doubling in the last 8 years. The company focuses on high end products utilised on board commercial, regional and business aircraft and supports its airline customers throughout the product's life cycle.
- Governance of process adherence and EASA part 21(G) conformance for:
The interface agreement with Engineering (EASA part 21 (J) organisation)
New Product Implementation (NPI) and Production Engineering
Production Planning and the interface to the supply chain
- Provide governance on production readiness process gates (ZAP process).
- The management of conformance during new product introductions, following through to support of first article inspections and customer source inspections.
- Lead Auditor (AS9100 and internal reference system requirements) for internal audits as assigned.
- Data gathering, analysis and reporting regarding Quality metrics for NPI and Planning.
- Provide support on the process and governance aspects of improvement projects
- Lead regular reviews of the process, controls and procedures with the managers of Engineering, NPI and Planning to drive awareness, efficiency and effectiveness:
Measure: Procedures are revised at least annually; The volume of Internal Audit NCRs on the procedures.
Outcome: Effective and efficient gate control with few issues arising downstream.
- Lead internal audits to verify compliance to the company's reference system and external standards:
Measure: Internal audits planned and conducted in line with the annual schedule and resulting NCRs are closed and verified within the target timescales.
Outcome: High levels of process compliance and performance predictability.
- Manage inter-function communications on Quality Issues
Measure: Attendance of meetings to timetable and closure of actions required by the Engineering, NPI and Planning managers and the Quality Manager.
Outcome: Management confidence in our Quality function;
- Improved support for the business from the Quality function.
Control of process gates and audit evidence
Measure: Number of planned gates completed and compliance evidenced.
Outcome: Management confidence in our Quality function; reduced business risk; the ability to track failure conditions back to error points.
- Salary up to £40,000 dependent on experience
- 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Free car parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Discounts
Skills and Qualifications:
- Skilled in Quality Management and qualified as a lead auditor for AS9100 rev C.
- Knowledge of the aerospace industry and knowledgeable on EASA part 21(G and J) and EASA part 145 standards.
- Product knowledge, including of the tooling and risks associated with composite laminating and machining facilities.
- People management skills including influencing, listening and empathising as well as directing when required.
- Computer literate with MS-Office knowledge.
- Strong engineering background and experienced in using engineering drawings to identify product non-conformances.
- Qualified in resource management, production scheduling and/or project management
- A self-starter, able to operate to objectives rather than task lists.
- A natural problem solver with experience in root cause analysis and problem- solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications. Good verbal reasoning.
- Numerate and skilled in data capture, analysis and reporting, including trend analysis.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV, excluding text boxes or images.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search 'Aeropeople' on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to hear about all our latest jobs on aeropeople.com.
Sorry this application deadline for this job has passed, please look below for related jobs.