Job Title: Graphic Designer – Mid Weight
Location: St Columb Major, Cornwall, TR9 6SX
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This is a global toy company that prides itself on creating innovative children’s consumer products that both kids and parents love, driven by their consumers, innovation and fun, and ensuring they stay current for kids of today and toys of tomorrow.
Right now there’s an exciting opportunity to join their enthusiastic, lively and dedicated design team based in Cornwall. You’ll be involved in their existing brands as well as participating in the creation of new concepts. Working as a team you’ll be in a busy open plan studio involved in the creative process from start to finish. The wider team includes product designers, illustrators, photographers and marketers in an energetic environment.
The must haves:
- An exciting portfolio with 3+ years’ commercial experience
- Fully competent in all aspects of design across packaging, artworking, digital and print
- Solid working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Degree (or equivalent) in graphic design or visual communications
- Strong typographic skills
- Packaging structure and material knowledge
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects to an excellent standard, often against tight deadlines
- Ability to implement brand guidelines and to push them where appropriate
- Ability to articulate and communicate ideas effectively
- Ability to think fast and respond to creative briefs with engaging ideas
Toy industry experience is not essential but passion, a proactive and creative approach with a genuine enthusiasm for the design is key.
The Company provides a surprisingly dynamic and fast-paced environment with excellent learning and development opportunities in a fun and supportive environment.
People are their greatest asset - they strive to create a culture where employees not only feel valued and empowered, but continue to enhance and grow their careers. The team is insightful, experienced and creative, with a playful sense of adventure that makes this such a unique company to work for.
They’ll be keen to hear from experienced designers with strong commercial portfolios full of bright ideas! Forming part of the Graphical Communications, team this mid-weight position will involve creating packaging and marketing assets for children’s Toy and Lifestyle products.
Please note, to apply for this position all applicants must submit either a portfolio or recent examples of work to the email address provided after you have submitted your CV.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
No agencies. Direct applicants only please.
Candidates with experience of: Design Assistant, Illustration, Design Technician, Autodesk Innovator, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Graphic Designer, Communications, Digital Designer, Marketing Executive, E-Newsletters, Graphical Designer, Adobe Designer, Digital Design Executive, Marketing Development, Graduate Designer, Commercial Experience, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office, Web Development may also be considered for this role.