Are you looking for an exciting and challenging new role, where no two days are the same? If the answer is YES, the team at GEOAmey Birmingham want to hear from you.
We are now looking to expand our team of Prisoner Custody Officers (PCO), Drivers and Driver Escorts in Birmingham. These are full time, permanent positions paying £18,200 per annuum.
Please note: We are currently recruiting for PCO’s to join us in January 2020.
Why work for us?
At GEOAmey, we offer a full training program to our Prisoner Custody Officers to perform this little known but vital role in the criminal justice system; including, first aid, mental health awareness, and activities associated with a custodial setting. A career with GEOAmey offers many benefits, these include:
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Discount vouchers
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Maternity/Paternity leave
We treat people in our care fairly and decently without discrimination, with respect for their dignity, and with understanding and compassion.
Could this be the ideal role for me?
At GEOamey, we provide a full 5 week training scheme to all our new employees so whether you are ex-military, have experience in logistics, driving, warehousing, social care, customer service or are simply passionate about supporting people, a career as a Prisoner Custody Officer could be ideal for you.
If you are passionate about supporting people, a career as a Prisoner Custody Officer could be ideal for you. It is an immensely rewarding role that will especially appeal to those with a sense of public duty and a willingness to support your fellow citizen. To be considered for the role, you must have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight time deadlines
- Ability to build effective working relationships and work as a team
- A positive and practical attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Driving licence/ C1 Licence holders preferred for vehicle base positions
- Physical ability to use force when required
Your New Role
Becoming a Prisoner Custody Officer (PCO) with GEOAmey, you will be responsible for the safe and secure movement of people in our custody; including out of prison, on our vehicles and at court. You will ensure the welfare of people in our custody by:
- Conducting risk assessments for vulnerable or ‘at risk’ people
- Managing their meals and snacks
- Ensuring comfort stops are taken when necessary whilst in transit
- Securely escorting people in custody whilst in court including to the dock, on legal visits and during comfort breaks
- Ensuring all ‘prisoner checks’ are completed and recorded
- Managing incidents if they occur including potential use of physical force to control and restrain when required
GEOAmey provide safe and secure transportation and custody suite services for prisoners and young people in custody across the UK. We oversee the custody suites of over 185 courts and have 19 vehicle bases around the country.
Please note that this role is subject to enhanced background checks.
If you want to learn more about a career as a Prisoner Custody Officer with GEOAmey, click APPLY below!
These positions are based from Birmingham Courts.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.