Job Title: Employee Communications Consultant
Location: Flexible (London or working from home)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 1st December 2020
The Company is a major investment and savings business that blends a strong customer focused heritage with a modern technology-led outlook with almost £4 billion of assets under advice, 200,000 scheme members and 13 offices across the UK. They work with employers, trustees and private clients through their regional UK offices to design and manage solutions that meet clients' unique needs.
Their Employee Communications Team is responsible for:
- Implementing bespoke internal communication strategies for their clients (both corporate and Trustee); typically covering pensions, retirement, financial wellbeing and/or employee benefits
- Developing new communication products and consulting services to take to market, such as Aspire to Retire (their pre-and-at retirement education, guidance and advice experience) and other templated solutions like learning modules, email campaigns and guides
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver their Aspire to Retire proposition - a newly developed pre-and-at retirement communications proposition. Their mission statement for Aspire to Retire is quite simple: 'To ensure employees leave the workplace when they want, how they want, and enjoy fulfilled lives in retirement, free from financial stress.', and it's success is an integral part of their 2021 growth strategy.
The Aspire to Retire proposition has a multi-channel communications experience including nudge marketing, an array of digital and other key communication channels. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Onboarding clients
- Delivering quarterly email campaigns
- Developing topical news briefings
- Maintaining and developing the Resource Centre (website) and other digital channels
- Reporting user engagement
- Developing bespoke client materials (guides, welcome packs, webinar engagement campaigns etc.)
- Proactively improving the overall communications strategy in response to user engagement and market trends
- And much more!
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Consulting with prospects/clients on their internal communication needs, and then delivering effective communication strategies.
- Generating new business through prospects and their consultants' bank of clients; putting together proposal and attending new business meetings / pitches.
- Implementing client communication projects; working with their associates, technical experts, compliance team and freelance writers / designers to deliver them.
- Developing strong relationships with their consultants (and their clients) across the UK; becoming one of their trusted 'go to' communications consultants.
- Being an active participant of their Employee Benefits 'communications group' who are focused on delivering 'business as usual' communications such as member guides, legislative updates and presentations.
- Developing and pushing forward their overall communications proposition (for example, responding to new market needs or identifying new opportunities), developing consulting collateral and keeping consultants up-to-date.
- When needed, developing new templated communication solutions in-line with consultant and market needs.
- Invoicing and keeping client records up-to-date.
- At times, the job holder may have to undertake other activities of a similar nature.
Skills, abilities & personal qualities:
For this role you will be passionate about Communications and Engagement, and ideally have:
- Experience in delivering complex, multi-channel communication project.
- Experience in pensions, pre-and-at retirement communications.
- Expertise in digital channels including website design and email delivery (they use Hubspot for their website, email delivery and engagement analysis)
- The ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders.
- Consulting, strategy and client management skills.
- Strong writing and project management skills.
- A commercial and business awareness.
- Experience in Financial Wellbeing and Employee Benefits (preferred).
Please click on the APPLY button to be directed to the company's recruitment page.
Candidates with experience of: Project Manager, Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Client Associates, Banking Relationship Manager, Investment Portfolio Manager, Portfolio Manager, Key Account Manager, Banking Sales, Relationship Manager may also be considered for this role.