In this role, you will provide expertise and support to the business functions, departments, Managers and employees on human resources topics in the areas of employee engagement, talent management, compensation and benefits, recruitment, HR systems, payroll and learning and development. Furthermore, you will be Leading and supporting HR programmes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: ·
Support the HR Manager UK and the business as appropriate with the implementation of global / regional and key local HR projects and initiatives.
· Manage the recruitment and selection for all hourly positions (screening, interviews, aptitude tests, references, medicals, offers etc.). Support the recruitment process for all other roles within the organization as needed.
· Assist with employee on-boarding, ensuring robust induction and training plans are in place for all new hires.
· Support department managers with induction training for all new hires, via Connect 2 West and with promotions / talent development via LMS.
· Manage the monthly payroll and the time and attendance system efficiently and effectively.
· Ensure payroll data is accurate and any amendments are processed promptly ensuring submission prior to the appropriate payroll cut-off dates.
· Respond promptly to all payroll queries and submission of any attachment of earnings requests.
· Responsible for the accurate and efficient submission of yearly P11Ds.
· Ensure the pension auto enrolment regulations are adhered to. Efficiently process all opt ins/outs and re-auto enrolment regulatory requirements.
· Ensure Wests training and development is compliant with the industry and regulatory expectations.
· Guide managers in the management of performance issues to both manage and raise performance. Supporting the annual performance management process by assisting employees with queries and tracing and driving completion rates.
· Support with the identification and development of talent for succession planning and career path development.
· Manage and/or support training for the site through the LMS system and establish training curricula/matrix for each role. Provide guidance in the development of training material.
· Support the development of training material and competency-based assessments and requalification process if required to ensure training deliverables and competency of trainees.
· Maintenance and continuous improvement of the HR software systems to include liaison with the relevant software suppliers and corporate IT eg (SAP HC, ADP, WTG, HR Sharepoint etc).
· Responsible for the coordination and/or support of various HR/business initiatives, eg Employee Wellness, Investors in People, West without Boarders etc.
· Responsible for the monthly reporting of all key HR KPI data and Employee metrics.
· Act as a change agent.
· Lead and demonstrate corporate social responsibility through both corporate and local initiatives.
· Act in accordance with the Companys Guiding Principles and adherence to the corporate Code of Conduct.
· Compliance to all local site Environmental, Health and Safety regulations.
· Compliance to all local site company policies, procedures and corporate policies.
· Other duties as assigned. Basic Qualifications:
· Minimum Degree in HR or business-related discipline. Preferred Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
· Regularly liaise with the payroll provider to ensure all functionalities of the payroll software are being used efficiently and effectively.
· Support the design, implementation and ongoing administration of key compensation and benefit arrangements. Liaising with providers and organizing employee briefings as required.
· Lead/support as appropriate the review and updating of all company HR policies, procedures and related documentation to ensure the organization is compliant with the prevailing employment legislation in the UK and inline with West policies and procedures.
· 5+ years of experience in a HR Generalist role with emphasis on employee engagement, communications and front line/first line support to employees and managers
· Demonstrable experience in payroll and year end reporting
· Experience with negotiating and influencing managers
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with staff at all levels of the organization
· Experience in stakeholder management
· Experience of operating in a continuous process improvement environment
· Manage conflicting priorities to tight deadlines and to a high quality
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work on own initiative, pro-active
· Strong competence in IT.
Monday to Friday 8am-4.30pm Salary to be confirmed on enquiry
Please contact [Email Removed] for further information