Job Title: IT Systems & Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 per annum (+ phone allowance), dependant on skill set and certifications.
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
As an IT MSP with a focus on the hospitality sector a further opportunity has arisen to join the IT Technical Team as a System & Infrastructure Engineer, supporting a range of high-end hospitality & SMB clients through onsite visits. They have Offices in Newbury, Manchester and a team of field engineers working out of London, and you could become part of this dynamic team, supporting a range of high-end Hotels and SMB clients.
This will be a field-based role with regular visits to client sites. However, you will ideally be based within a 50-minute commute from central London. The majority of your time will be spent working on client sites in and around London, performing Proactive maintenance visits, troubleshooting issues and implementing a range IT System projects. There will be occasions where you will be involved with completing tasks for some of the company's SMB clients also based in London.
- Infrastructure design and implement projects, for Azure, Network, WIFI, on Premise Servers and security systems.
- Troubleshooting Hospitality System issues relating to PMS, POS, Payment Gateway, IPTV, Voice, Wifi etc.
- Using PSA/RMM tools such as Autotask, AEM and IT Glue to provide enhanced support services to all clients
- Administration and troubleshooting of O/S and Apps consisting of Microsoft Windows Server, Desktop OS, Microsoft Cloud Technologies, Microsoft 365, Active Directory, Group Policy, SharePoint, Remote Desktops, DHCP, DNS, VMWare, Data Protection, Security Systems etc.
- Assist Pre-Sales with Technical solutions & design
- Maintaining technical documentation
- Working as part of a team on project related work, assisting with planning and implementation activities.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has previous experience or knowledge working within a hotel or the hospitality sector as an IT Systems Engineer and is comfortable working within both technical support and project led environments.
- Previous Experience within a similar role, ideally within an MSP/IT Service Provider environment, or in a Hotel IT Team
- Knowledge or experience with Hotel Technologies would be very advantageous
- A desire to learn and adapt to new skills and technologies
- A great team player with the ability to inspire confidence in clients through helping non-technical people understand technical aspects
- A proven history of being able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues across a client base with varying infrastructure and services within the commercial sector
- Networking knowledge and skills with experience of maintaining converged network solutions
- Knowledge of various Hypervisor platforms
- Experience in remote diagnostics along with analysis and monitoring
- Experience managing backup environments, both cloud and on-premise using Datto, StorageCraft & VEEAM.
Specific Technical Experience/knowledge
- Server infrastructure consisting of Windows Servers, Citrix, and VMWare
- System hardware consisting of HP/Aruba, Ruckus, Meraki, Watchguard, NAS, and SAN's
- Network architecture and system management, including configuring devices consisting of routers, firewalls and switches (L1, L2 & L3)
- Have a good understanding of Hotel software platforms in terms of all systems in use and how applications apply to End Users requirements
- Good experience and knowledge of MS Azure servers, 365 and SharePoint
- Proven knowledge and ability to work on issues relating to PMS, POS, Payment systems, IPTV, Voice, Wifi systems etc.
- Cloud solutions with Azure and Office 365
- Cloud & On Prem Disaster Recovery processes, procedures and applications, including off-site solutions such as Datto etc.
- Security process & procedures, that promote best practice security while maintaining a functional user base.
A collaborative approach is always encouraged - there's a focus on a professional TEAM focused culture where everyone focuses on working together as one, ensuring they maintain a fun and productive place to work, where everyone continues to learn and grow. They offer competitive salaries, alongside a number of other benefits.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Hotel Technologies, VMWare, Microsoft Servers, Senior IT Technical Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, Infrastructure Engineer, Senior IT Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, Senior Network Support, Server Support Technician may also be considered for this role.