Support Services Team Manager (Permanent)
Acorn Recruitment are currently looking for a Support Services Team Leader for an established third sector client. This is a full-time permanent vacancy to be based in Cardiff.
Our client provides expert, specialist, independent support and advocacy to women, children and young people who have experienced domestic and sexual violence or abuse. This position will support and manage all corporate support functions of the organisation including HR, Finance, IT and Operations.
Please note: Post open to women only under the Equality Act 2010 pursuant to schedule 9, part 1.
Overview of the role:
Manage and develop a team including Independent Personal Advisers (IPA), Specialist IPAs and other frontline staff members within the organisation's Adult Support Team to provide a high-quality frontline service to women, children and young people experiencing issues of VAWDASV.
* Manage a multi-faceted team
* Promote and support effective team working through good communication and regular team meetings
* Responsible for day-to-day operation of the Adult Support Services Team
* Contribute the development of training plans for staff and policy and procedures for the organisation
* Responsible for identifying recruitment needs
* Ensuring staff Personal Development Plans are monitored and actioned accordingly
Adult Support Team Manager Specific responsibilities will include but are not exclusive to:
* Responsible for the day to day running of the Adult Support Team
* Ensure all referrals are processed and contacted within the timeframes agreed in the contract
* Providing adequate cover to meet the needs of the service users and partners using the One Stop Shop facilities
* Liaising with the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) to ensure adequate IPA cover Monday-Friday
* To ensure a designated IPA is available to attend Family Court for emotional support
* To support the Community Engagement Manager with ensuring adequate group work is available
* To develop a wide range of specialist surgeries to enhance the OSS profile
* Minimum of two years' management experience in human services setting
* Leadership and Management skills. Ability to negotiate and problem solve, manage and motivate staff, plan and prioritise workload
* Hold a CAADA/SafeLives IDVA training certificate, or relevant degree, or demonstrable equivalent experience or a vocational qualification
* Have theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of civil and criminal justice remedies for victims of domestic abuse
* Have strong crisis management skills and the ability to deal with stressful and difficult situations
* Working with vulnerable people, including families and/ or children
* Understand child protection issues, how to respond effectively to safeguard CYP and the legal responsibilities surrounding these issues
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Sorry this application deadline for this job has passed, please look below for related jobs.