Job Title: IT Support Engineer - 2nd Line position
Location: Newbury (with travel to London required).
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time (9:00 - 17:30)
As a Client and Tech focused MSP, the company have new opportunity for a technically focused person looking to move their career onto the next level. Due to their commitment of delivering high level solutions to their expanding range of clients, they are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join their technical team.
They have Offices in Newbury and Manchester as well as a team of field engineers working out of London and you could become part of this dynamic team, supporting a range of high-end Hotels and Corporate clients.
They are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join the technical team in Newbury. However, there will be a need to work from London a couple of days a week. They need a knowledgeable, skilled and experienced Engineer for this internal role, who has the experience of working on a busy and buzzing technical helpdesk.
This opportunity is perfect for the person looking to gain more experience and training in their 1st/2nd Line role or to prove themselves as dedicated 3rd Line Engineer, within a fast growing, yet established technology focused MSP.
- A proven history of being able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues across a client base which specialises in Small Business and/or Hospitality via remote connectivity, telephone or email
- Using PSA/RMM tools such as Autotask, AEM and IT Glue to provide enhanced support services to all clients
- Experience in remote diagnostics along with analysis and monitoring
- Possesses good verbal and typed communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service abilities
- Be used to working unsupervised, independently and as part of a team
- Thrive on understanding and being aware of new and current technologies
- IT related degree or relevant qualifications highly desirable
- Proven technical ability across the common product suites
- The willingness to learn new software and hardware skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft cloud solutions including Office 365 and Azure
- Proven experience with Desktop & Server solutions across the Microsoft stack
- Experience working with Telecommunications and Network platforms preferred
- Overall appreciation of client system security, requirements and proven experience with relevant software and hardware solutions
- Overview ISP solutions and connectivity requirements
- WiFi solution experience & knowledge, with Ruckus, Meraki, Aruba etc
- Experience of hospitality products such as PMS and POS systems and associated interfaces is beneficial
- Candidates with Microsoft Certifications would prove advantageous.
- Confident verbal and written communicator with both clients and peers
- Ability to research new products and information around technical solutions that provide answers and solve problems
- Self-Motivated and disciplined, with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks under pressure.
They work in an open plan office with an informal atmosphere. A collaborative approach is always encouraged - they try to make it a fun and productive place to work, where everyone can always learn new things. They also offer competitive salaries, alongside a number of other benefits.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: 2nd Line Support Engineer, ICT Systems Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 2nd Line Support Technician, Technical Support Engineer, Technical Support, Technical Support Technician, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, ICT Technician, IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role.